Configuration scanner to scan only local drives and only specific ones

Idea ID 2812141

Configuration scanner to scan only local drives and only specific ones

I need to have a specific configuration for scanner, in order to scan only local drives, and only specific drives.

Why?
Because on the servers I want to invent, the software should be installed into local drives, and into specific ones.
I need to scan only these filesystems.

It's a waste of time to scan, for example, the /MyServerDatas FS with more than 1 TBytes of datas, without any software.
It's a waste of time, too, to scan network drives. As /opt/MyApplication/logs with NFS mount onto a storage equipment.

Actually, there's no way to configure the scanner to do what I need.

--------
In Software Details section+Drives tab, I choose to scan only Local Drives to scan.
It seems to be good, but with these settings, the /MyServerDatas filesystem will be scanned. NOT GOOD.

In Software Data section, I can also check the "Allow scanner command line to override this section".
In Scanner Options, Troubleshooting tab, I can use additional command line parameters, as -paths:/opt, in order to scan the specific filesystems I add to scan.
I tought I found the settings I want. But with this option, the scanner is no more set to scan local drives.
For example, the /opt/MyApplication/logs will be scanned. NOT GOOD.
Even if I add additional content for .override.ini file, as
[exclude)
fs=nfs
or
[exclude]
dir=/opt/MyApplication/logs

It's quite a defect, for me: I choose to scan only local drives, but the scanner will be executed onto a NFS one.

To conclude, I can scan only Local Drives, and exclude all FS I don't want to scan.
But the list can be infinite: /data, /datas, /datas2, /data-backup, and so on.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

No more "like", no more comment? I can't believe it.

How can I set my scanner, to scan only local drives and some local drives?

There's no use, for examples, to scan /proc, no use to scan /opt/<backupsofware>/<temporary-mounted-NFS>...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.