Create an OOTB role for read only access via Restapi, ddmjavaapi etc....

Idea ID 1794767

Create an OOTB role for read only access via Restapi, ddmjavaapi etc....

Hello, 

i think we need to have a read only access role for integration users using apis restapis.... 

Example:    yesterday    customer asked support to   pull data of ucmdb   to splunk.    More in detail what they need is the details of the servers, there main ips  and location info    of the servers to match  l with logs info  that  Splunk  is analyzing. 

So for now i gave the customer the    discovery and integration admin role to the user that is  pulling data from ucmdb. But   it would be strongly needed to have a readonly role   to avoid potential issues.   I would say this is a very important feature to be built 

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is another idea that is similiar to this - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/CMS-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-define-an-API-account-as-Read-Only/idi-p/1654450

Please look at this to see if it's the same as you're requesting.

Additionally, the way the REST api works is that it uses the integration user to establish the connection (you shouldn't change this user at all).  But the role of the user actually authenticating to the REST API would be the role that is used to determine the rights of access for the data being collected by the REST API.  You could set up the user's role to have the required access (or lack thereof).  Would this approach work for you?

Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Bill,   so the similar idea , yes it is ok  the same need. 

The documentation says nothing at all about the user   credentials  for the restapi queries. 

So i   defined a local  user and granted the role of discovery and integration  admin  (the one that is availble).  

Frankly i do not want to spend hours trying to set the exact   grants  for the read only user.  This is something that is product side.   

I want to see in the available roles   one that says read only user for Rest or for whatever....  and use it.  And the fact that this idea is there since 9 months makes me  "more" willing to give other  ideas as this one is really no discussion and it is sitll in the middle of nowhere... 

Have a  nice week end 

Lorenzo

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.