Create support for running the UCMDB Local Client on Linux OS

Idea ID 2689739

Create support for running the UCMDB Local Client on Linux OS

Hello,

My customer only supports Linux in their IT infrastructure and they require the need to access the RTSM for OBM. Micro Focus documentation suggests that the UCMDB Local Client is not support on the Linux OS server. Can there be steps made to create support for running the UCMDB Local Client on Linux OS?

Thanks,

Kia

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Great news, this idea has been accepted on our product roadmap. Subscribe to receive updates. (This is not a formal commitment, and subject to change)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you 🙂

Member.

Hi MF Team ..

my Customer is also fully RHEL OS user base i have sale OMI and UCMDB but same issue facing RTSM is not open in linux system ....

Ravinder Kumar

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is a heads up that the local client released with CMS 2019.11 does support being run with Linux OS 6.  However, due to issue with a library that deals with visualization in the local client, we don't yet support the local client with Linux OS 7 or 8.  Given this is a significant hindrance for using the local client on Linux, we have not marked this ER as complete yet.

Details for support for Linux in the Local Client can be find in the CMS 2019.11 Release notes.

Member.
Any dead line release client for LINUX 7
Member.

Any time line to release client for rhel 7

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I just sent a note to the R&D team to ask your question.  I'll update this post when I hear back

Updated Feb 10 - I heard that we were able to confirm the library  causing the RHEL Linux 7+ constraints will likely be updated in our next release, which means the Local Client would then start working with RHEL Linux 7+.  The downside is that the local client relies on the version of UCMDB to download the necessary jars, and would require the customer to update to the version of UCMDB with the updated libraries for this support to be realized.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

With the release of UCMDB 2020.05, the Local Client is now supported being used on RHEL 7 and 8.  This is only supported when connecting to a 2020.05 (or later) version of UCMDB.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.