Date in exported excel report are not usable

Idea ID 1677712

Date in exported excel report are not usable

Hi all,

Our users want to have a real date format in excel export to be able to sort on it. Date exported by uCMDB are just a string.

For xemple we have certificats discovery and they want to filter on the expiration date.
e
BR

Thomas

6 Comments
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you want filtering on a date, why would you export all the data in excel and then sort it out, instead of using TQL power and create a report with the proper filtering already set?

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

In our company users also often ask import data to Excel . Possibility to work with data in uCMDB poorer than in Excel (filtering in participate) it is reason why customer want have data in Excel.

To give them function similar Excel I have to create several reports, but, as you understand, it is not good idea.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

In fact in last version of ucmdb

Configurable date time format for reports

By introducing the new infrastructure setting UCMDB Browser date format setting in exported report, this feature enables admin users to specify the date time format for reports. As a result, reports with a time attribute will display and export in the selected date format in CMS UI (Idea Exchange 1645005).

For details, see Configure Data Time Format for Reports.

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello,

I have reported the same (Configurable date time format) in my idea post. And it should be delivered in 2018.11 version. I am going to check it in a few weeks (we are going to upgrade from v11 to v2018.11 actually). So I hope it covers "exports to Excel" as well. 

PS : The commont problem is, that UCMDB developers often cannot see the "user perspective" - and UCMDB is very weak in UI, reporting, data analytics etc. thus Excel is often used insted :)))) The Excel should better supported for in all aspects - as source of data (import, edit, delete CIs), as "reporting" integrace and as data analytical tools. Yes, there are plenty of "better" solution but the management likes the Excel the most :))))))))

Have a nice day. Ivam

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Already Offered

As mentioned, we now offer configurable date time format for reports.

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello,

the implementation in 2018.11 is halfway only 😞 Dissapointment. The "configurable" date format is relevant only for reports and their exports.  Everywhere else the old "nightmare" format is still in use. Even in CMS UI's interface (history, properties etc.).  It seems that first part of my idea request (UCMDB GUI - or at least CMS UI) was not taken into account.  :(((((

And I must again agree with my colleagues. The work with UCMDB data in UCMDB Java or CMS Web client is clumsy .... often we export data do Excel and work with the data in Excel. Thus Excel is substitution for poor UCMDB user interface.... further development should pay more attention to export/import interface with Excel...

Ivan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.