Define reports for the most common "installed Sw" packages

Define reports for the most common "installed Sw" packages

Hello   my customer is using inventory by scanner  to collect all the  installed sw.   There is a general issue  when trying to use the  results of this discovery   to support  the   "licensing" investigations. 

I run in this kind of    issuewhen trying to define a report for Oracle  DBs   (racs standalone etc...) .   It is a nightmare to identify which are the key installed sw components to  define that  in one server i m potentially consuming a license.  

Customer is going to ask  reports like : 

give me all the  servers with Oracle Db installed

giveme all the server with SQL server installed

give me  ....with SAP  installed .....

We are not experts  on which are the exact packages to filter   and there is a strong need of such reports because  after having a correct   report  then   some investigations on licenses compliancy  can be done. Without this kind of reports we as PS are stuck.

Please do not tell me to use Oracle license compliancy... etc... i know we have it  but this requires   admin priviledge in the agent  (and thisis ugly , why not  enabling it with sudo i do not undderstand....) 

To sum up we need  for the most common   commercial products  the kind of reports  i  mentioned above. 

Otherwise  very difficult to conduct license compliancy  investigations and optimizations   ( one reason of having ucmdb)

Please let me know your ideas here

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.