Enhance the GKE Discovery API to include kubernetes namespaces and pods

Idea ID 2827420

Enhance the GKE Discovery API to include kubernetes namespaces and pods

The Google API discovery has been recently enhanced to capture kubernetes cluster information. 

The GKE discovery will then connect to the clusters to obtain lower level kubernetes data such as Pods, Namespaces etc etc. However it seems the GKE job needs to connect to each cluster individually. 

The request is for the Google API integration to also capture the kubernetes resources via the same connection. I believe this will negate the need to connect directly to the clusters to get the information. In my environment we would need to jump through a proxy for each cluster which may not be workable for the large amount of clusters we have.

As per the table below we believe it is possible to connect via the API and discover more Asset Types.  

If I was to ask for a priority can we collect Namespace, Pods and Nodes from the API. Clusters are already captured.  

Kubernetes Resources

Type

Asset Type

Comment

Kubernetes Cluster

container.googleapis.com/Cluster

google.container.Cluster

Node

k8s.io/Node

io.k8s.Node

Kubernetes Namespace

k8s.io/Namespace

io.k8s.Namespace

Kubernetes Pod

k8s.io/Pod

io.k8s.Pod

Kubernetes Service

k8s.io/Service

io.k8s.Service

Kubernetes Ingress

extensions.k8s.io/Ingress
networking.k8s.io/Ingress

io.k8s.extensions.Ingress

io.k8s.networking.Ingress

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Great news, this idea has been accepted on our product roadmap. Subscribe to receive updates. (This is not a formal commitment, and subject to change)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.