Enrichments "Query Phase" : allow to compare one CITs attribute with another CITs attribute

Idea ID 2777055

Enrichments "Query Phase" : allow to compare one CITs attribute with another CITs attribute

When setting up enrichment queries, one can only enter static values as attribute "search" conditions.

Please allow to compare attribute values of two CIT's in the query phase , e.g. allow to specify something like:

if
   attribute "Name" of CIT "Business Application"
   is equal to
   attribute "Name" of CIT "Business Service"

Could be used to e.g. find duplicate CIs which have different CITs.

The query phase could re-use the window section which is used in the enrichment phase to set attributes to other CIT's attributes.
Could look like this mock-up screenshot:Mock-upMock-up

3 Comments
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

It already exists. This is called a Join Relationship (or a virtual relationship). In order to do that, create a relationship between the two CIT you want to compare. Then, in the Relation type window select "Join Relationship". You will then be able to set your attribute criteria(s) to match the two objects together. The virtual relationship will show up in your query as any other relationship would. Be aware that join relationships are much heavier to process than standard relationships, so be judicious when you use them. 😉 One last thing: a join relationship may only be set if the attributes you want to compare in each CIT are the same type (string, integer, double, etc.).

In this simple example, using a join relationship, I am looking for two nodes having the same BiosUuid but different Names.

join_2020-04-28_11-18-06.pngjoin_2020-04-28_11-21-29.png

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

I would agree this capability is already offered.  I would do this same thing when I was a UCMDB practitioner by creating a query that used the join relationship to help me find duplicate CIs (i.e. CIs that have the same name but different global IDs)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OK, I accept the redirection of this idea to RTFM 😌

Thanks for letting me know, ViauJoc/Bill.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.