Implement an OOTB integration for Solarwinds

Idea ID 1672431

Implement an OOTB integration for Solarwinds

We have a requirement to integrate and discover a divisions Solarwinds environment.  This would allow us to capture various infrastructure and application components without having to agent sensitive servers.

Is there a plan to include this capability in a future discovery module? I've seen a request for this discovery in the old Enhancement Request system but I thought I'd being it up again.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you describe in a bit more detail what type of integration you would be looking for.  That is, what type of CIs would be captured and how would you see them modelled.  When I look at Solarwinds, I see a tool that seems to monitor and manage a collection of infrastructure, but not necessarily a data source.  

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey Bill, my hope is that the integration could import all of the inventoried systems and ideally go as far as bringing in software information.  I've attached some screenshots so you can get a sense of the info stored in solarwinds.  When you say datasource, are you referring to  their API? 

From my understanding , anything we see in our interface on Solarwinds is fair game for data extraction via API's

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/resources/orion-sdk

solarwinds3.jpgsolarwinds2.jpgsolarwinds1.jpg

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. More information may be needed at this stage and we expect the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and voting.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.