Inventory Agent status/health reporting

Inventory Agent status/health reporting

It would be helpful for CMS to have a agent report that would provide a status about the agent deployment in the environment.

The Status report should have a listing of all

• the nodes that have an agent by computer name or display label.
  • the version of the installed agent
  • the version of the installed scanner
  • the status of the useage plug-in
  • the last date of collected utilization data
  • the last scan date
  • the current probe the Node was inventoried by
  • the current ip address 
  • call home status
  • any processing errors/reconciliation errors 
  • Unique UUID status
3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team

Super Contributor.. RRose Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I agree, I would like to see a report such as this.  Perhaps even include the call home addresses configured.

mike_toronto2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

We've seen requests like this multiple times over the years.  I'd argue this should be not just in a report, but in a dashboard similar to probe health.  We have over 20,000 agents deployed with very little insight into their operational status.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.