Lack of functionality of the UDC plugin using IntelliJ when developing an adapter

Idea ID 2682668

Lack of functionality of the UDC plugin using IntelliJ when developing an adapter

In new CMS versions, UDC is only supported to work with IntelliJ (earlier versions were allowed to work with Eclipse).

However some features are not available with new UDC as they were in old UDC plug-in.

With current UDC - IntelliJ plug-in, if we need to develop custom changes for CMS, there is no option to debug with IntelliJ.

In the context of the project in which i'm involved in today (I work in a large company) I need to change and evolve some out-of-the-box adapters so as to customized them to make them properly work with the vast internal IT ecosystems that have been released for years. This regression represents a major issue for the continuity of the project and use of all the Micro Focus products regarding the ITIL solutions deployed recently, specially because that doesn't allow us to customize in the way we need.

In short, CMS should allow the server to be attached from IntelliJ using UDC or whatever other mean in order to make possible debugging code associated with adapters changes or new adapters developments. That's a major requirement.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.