Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

PowerCMD via Host Connection by Shell should be using FQDN instead of IP address

PowerCMD via Host Connection by Shell should be using FQDN instead of IP address

Because PowerCMD is a PowerShell wrapper, IP addresses are generally blocked unless you use SSL or TrustedHost configurations, both of which are fairly uncommon and burdensome to implement.  The Host Connection by PowerShell does reverse the IP and use a FQDN; can this functionality be added to Host Connection by Shell for PowerCMD credentials?  At the very least make it an optional parameter to the job.  This will aid customers who need shell access for discovery but cannot use NTCMD due to security constraints.

4 Comments
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

It took me quite a while to successfully configure the powercmd stuff. But no matter what you do, you still need the trustedHost.

Honored Contributor.. Alex Ulbrich Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

@popadiyski you may have a unique environment, but the fact is the credential will test successfully with a FQDN with no TrustedHost configuration.  Look at the Host Connection by Powewrshell script and you will see what I'm talking about.  

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks for submitting.  I suggest you will check if this is a specific issue on your side as was suggested below. In any case, I would like to see if other members think it is a useful feature as well.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for all the votes and comments. We are looking into this as a future product enhancement. Check the notifications box to be emailed if the status changes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.