Idea ID 1660943
This is a request to remove the consumption of a unit-based license for any system/node discovered running a Microfocus ITOM system or component.
- A short description of the present behaviour
Currently, the discovery of a probe, cmdb Browser, SOLR, etc server consumes a unit license. This behaviour extends to all ITOM products such as NNMi, Service Manager, Asset Manager, OMi etc.
- The behaver you desire in a future release
Any system in which core Microfocus running software is discovered should not consume a unit license.
- Impact on the production
This would allow us to free up licenses for discovery of key business applications, instead of allocating licenses to systems which are already under MF maintenance contracts
- Whether you can’t wait for a future release and require a hotfix
This would be a key feature to kickoff a CMDB upgrade to version 11
- Business justification if a hotfix is requested
This feature would allow us to better bargain for the implementation of more MF products as cost would be reduced.
1. Discover ITOM running software
2. Remove license requirement/consumption for discovered servers running this software
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.