Request for documentation to create an UCMDB-CM database manually

Idea ID 1645774

Request for documentation to create an UCMDB-CM database manually

0 Votes

Request for documentation to be available on how to create the DB manually for the CM, including necessary permissions and etc.

PURPOSE: to be able to manually create an UCMDB-CM database

ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR and DETAILS: No documentation exists around how to manually create the database for UCMDB-CM or the permissions required for the user used to connect the UCMDB-CM database.

DESCRIBE THE SCENARIO WHEN THE SITUATION OCCURS? If a DBA does not want to give you an account with sufficient rights to have UCMDB-CM create its own database then the DBA has to know how to create it for you.

DESCRIBE WHAT IS UNACCEPTABLE ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION? If UCMDB-CM can connect to an existing database there should be documentation around how to create it manually like UCMDB. Also, saying an application needs a database user with administrator access in most environments is not acceptable.

DESCRIBE REQUIRED FUNCTIONALITY FOR EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR? Documentation on how to create the UCMDB-CM database manually and the permissions required for the UCMDB-CM database user.

3 Comments
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

we are checking if the standard documentation can apply. Meanwhile I will change the status to get feedback form the community.

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. We ask the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and community support (votes/kudos).

Visitor.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay on this. It took some time to test and other interferences...

Ok so I just fallowed the standard UCMDB guide (DatabaseGuide) on how to manually create database/schema but applied it for CM and worked. So I manually created an database and then installed/reconfigured CM to use existing schema (manually created one; plus the option to repopulate schema since it is kind of new and no data in it) and all worked as expected.

So that being said customers can use the already existing guide also for CM. I think that was also the intended idea (same document/info for UCMDB-CM)  since I can find in there:

"The authentication procedure described in this chapter is relevant for Configuration Manager as well as HP Universal CMDB."

Indeed there may be differences as sizing. CM database does not require the same size as UCMDB. Most of the data in CM is already in UCMDB/URM database (policies, views). Indeed CM may not support RAC (not sure if it was tested lately)...

Steps on how to manually create an configure an database/schema are the same for UCMDB and CM.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Archived

This idea is being archived due to inactivity. Archived ideas may be commented upon but may not receive kudos. Archived ideas may be re-opened based on community input.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.