SD02488548 Could I paste Assigned tag description into one of UCMDB attribute ?

Idea ID 2686142

SD02488548 Could I paste Assigned tag description into one of UCMDB attribute ?

0 Votes

We are using UCMDB 2019.05 we connected our UCMDB to MS SQL 2014 Enterprise edition. I am asking that customer has some data and information on vCenter(assigned tags, custom attributes, and notes.) I discovered vmware esx servers and vcenter-esx-computer topology thanks to virtualization by VIM jobs. Customer wants to see assigned tags(servers' responsible departments) in vCenter also in UCMDB. How can I do that ? There is an attribute name which is "Tags" in UCMDB. There should be solution copy vcenter values into UCMDB tags attribute or another attribute. If we managed to paste data I will create an attribute which is "Responsible department" and I will do enrichment rule between "Responsible department" and "Tags" or another attribute has been copied by vCenter. I uploaded clear png files as attachments.  

Note : Waiting for creating an Enhancement Request(ER).

Best regards.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

We are including the ability to capture Azure tags in the next upcoming release of content.  And following that, we expect to include the ability to capture VMware tags in the following content release.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Keep in mind the tag attribute does have minimum requirements of the back-end database being used for UCMDB.  In the case of a MSSQL database, you must have SQL Server 2016, which supports a JSON object as a record type.  Previous versions of MSSQL do not support this capability.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.