Support of key in ECDSA format for SSH Protocol

Idea ID 1679641

Support of key in ECDSA format for SSH Protocol

0 Votes

Hello,

I am in version uCMDB v10.33. Currently, we discovers many unix via SSH protocol with RSA key in agentless mode, but our RSSI asked us recently to change the format of that key into ECDSA.

It seams this format would be now the default standard in unix distribution for encrypted connection.

When DFM will support this format ?

Best Regards, François

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

This capability is already available in UD/UCMDB, but is not documented.  We expect to document this in the next CMS release

Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Bill,

It is a good news !

From which Content Pack can we configure an SSH credential of this type ? Because we have more and more unix in this case ...

Regards, François

Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Status changed to: Delivered

DDM Content Pack 30.00

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This capability is now marked as Delivered.  However, this was delivered as part of CMS 2018.11 and cannot be added via deploying a content pack.

We have documented this feature at 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_Discovery_Content_Pack:30/ssh_cnnctn_keys_pr

Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

So, I understand that 10.33 + CP30 is not enough to support ECDSA. We must upgrade at least by 2018.11.

Am I right ?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Unfrotunately, yes, you're correct.  This type of change is a change to the infrastructure of UCMDB, which has to do with the UCMDB Server deployment, not the content. 

A change of content can expand capabilities of the existing UCMDB infrastructure (i.e read in new AWS services), but cannot provide new capabilities to the UCMDB infrasturucture (implement new security capabilities).

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.