The ability to see non-defined applications

The ability to see non-defined applications

Would like to have the ability to see applications that are not defined, or do not have an application signature defined int he SAI file. Basically, a report that would show applications that appear in scan files but are not identified within UCMDB. This would make it more efficient and easier to get 100% discovery of all applications within an environment. 

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are already a collection of tools provided as part of a UCMDB deployment.  I would think the Analysis Workbench and its capabilities could do what you're asking.

The help files are located at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.02/Inventory_Tools/Analysis_Workbench/Analysis_Work_Intro.  Would you look through these and see if they are what you're looking for.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

Based on the text in the idea, this capability is already available using the Analysis Workbench toolset.  If you feel this is incorrect, please contact me directly with additional informaiton, and I can change this idea to become "waiting for votes"

Respected Contributor.. Scot_NCSECU Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I see what you are getting at and I was aware that tool was available to use but how am I supposed to realize there are applications on a particular node that are not defined without using that tool? Does that make sense? Basically, we do not know what we do not know. It would be kind of neat to have a CI of undefineed applications, similar to Installed Software where we could see what is there and if we need to develop an application signature for it. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.