UCMDB Browser users should be able to create reports only in a specified folder

UCMDB Browser users should be able to create reports only in a specified folder

CURRENT BEHAVIOUR:
A user requires create/view permissions on the root folder to create a report
Consider the following structure:
root
----|folder1
------|folder2
If we grant create/view permission on folder2 for that user he will be able to create/view the report in folder2, however he will be able to create a report under the root folder too (which is not desired).
As well, in the Browser, a user will select the folder he's entitled to see and create a report under it. However if the user clicks on root, a report will be created there.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
If we grant Create permission for a specific folder, the uCMDB Browser non-admin users should be able to create reports only in that specific folder AND NOT within Root folder.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. More information may be needed at this stage and we expect the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and voting

mike_toronto2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

This seems like more of a bug than an enhancement.... I too would expect that when I explicetly assign a folder to a user/group, that is ALL they can access...

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Mike,

After I made some tests on this requirement, I confirmed at least in UCMDB Browser 11.1 and 11.2, users can only create reports in specific folder, not root folder in Browser side.

Please review my test steps:

1. I created 2 users with “Create View” permissions. User names are TestReport1 and TestReport2.
  2. In Browser side, when I login with user TestReport1 and created some reports, all these reports will be saved at Root/Basic Reports/TestReport1 folder which is related to current user name.
  3. Login with another user TestReport2, the new report would be saved at Root/Basic Reports/TestReport2 folder.

TestSteps.png

May I get the Browser's version number in your environment?

I will double check the report modules in same version build.

Best Regards,
Tony

csi
Frequent Visitor.

Hi Tony,

On our end it definitely allows the users to create reports everywhere under Root.
Here is what we are using:

uCMDB version: 10.32.116
CP 21.00.75

uCMDB Browser version: 4.13.94

Regards,

Ivan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.