UCMDB-NNMI integration: ip_address_property should not be set by the integration.

Idea ID 1666319

UCMDB-NNMI integration: ip_address_property should not be set by the integration.

0 Votes

When NNMi is not part of the environment, the ip_address_property value needs to be populated by the UCMDB discovery job method and not by the NNMi integration. 

<Submitted on behalf of CIGNA>

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The discovery do fill the ip_address_property field. For now, it could be “loopback”, “broadcast ”, “dhcp” or ”anycast”.

Isn't it the case in your env?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

This seems more like a defect than an enhancement request, as Doron correctly points out that the "ip_address_property" does get set by UD discovery.  In my own test system, I have many IP Address CIs with this attribute populated.

Let's treat this as a defect and not an ER.  I did check the original tickets and no data was uploaded that can help us find the issue.  Please revert back to Cigna to see if this is still an issue and if so, let's get a communication log from the offending discovery and we'll get it fixed in our code.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.