UCMDB Reports sent in csv format do not align in the same column if there are more than one CI Type

Idea ID 2810233

UCMDB Reports sent in csv format do not align in the same column if there are more than one CI Type

1. When we add more than one CI Type in a view and generate a csv format report from UCMDB, the columns are not aligned. Whereas, when we generate the same report via pdf, it works as expected.  Column names used across all the CI Types are same even then in the header it comes with an header [CIType] and segregates it from other CI Type being used in the same view.

Current condition of the report in csv :

[CI Type_BFTP]DisplayName[CI Type_BFTP]Device ID[CI Type_DCU]DisplayName[CI Type_DCU]DeviceID
BFTP_1010123  
BFTP_1011456  
  DCU_00042124
  DCU_00043345

Expectation :

Display NameDeviceID
BFTP_1000123
DCU_6789345
DCU_4567234

2. When the generated report does not have any data in it, atleast the header or column labels should be there rather than sending it all blank. Again it works in pdf not in csv.

5 Comments
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

One way that I was able to get around this was to use a Distinct List in the Add Function window for the parent CI. You then make the child CI invisible. 

Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi., Thanks for the response.

When I checked in our environment, 'Add function' option was disabled. I tried it for the parent as well as for child CI Types and with different CI Types as well. Please let me know if any other suggestions.

Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I am not sure why it is not enabled for you yet. That might be something you can adjust in the Infrastructure settings but I have not seen anything that applies. But if you can figure out how to enable that feature (Maybe open a case) then this is how you would get the report style that you like. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.