Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

UCMDB job status change after job not started at scheduled time

Idea ID 2701982

UCMDB job status change after job not started at scheduled time

Hi,

i would like to suggest a change in UCMDB UI Job displayed status when the job was not started at scheduled time.

My Customers expectation is to see in UI (informationally for Admin or Operator) that the job was not run at scheduled time.
Now, once the job skippes (no mather the reason) the scheduled run, We still see the latest status - in our case Successfull (green, which is actually wrong),
Proper status in that situation should be anything else but not "green", because there was something disturbing in correct working.

In my case, the skipped job has been found, because some very important system (MF Service Manager) was not supplied with fresh data and Business unit was lack with info.
For instance. Think about some less important system which was not supplied 5 or 10 times in row. In UCMDB UI We would still see a SUCCESS status.

KR, jakub

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.