Idea ID 1659907
- Brief Description
- Customer [ Sungard] wants to automate the uploading of probe ranges to their mutiple probes automatically. The setProberanges() API of DDMA UCMDB, currently overrides the existing probe ranges while it uploads the new ranges. But the customer wants instead of overwrite , they want to append the IP ranges, which currently setproberange() API does not have the feature.
- Benefits / Value
- Currently we have 2000 IP ranges that are set to Probe [ say Probe345]. Now when we get a new iprange i.e it will become 2001 IP range , then per your suggestion above we will use getProbeRanges to get existing 2000 Iprange from the probe and then add new Iprange to it , to have 2001 IP ranges
- But this will be an overhead to call all existing 2000 Iprange , to just add the new one IPrange.
- Today we have 2000 , but in few weeks this will become 7000 Iprange.
- So instead of reloading all existing 7000 Iprange , we wanted to just add [ append] the new IPrange.
- Design details
- Explain how would you like this idea designed / implemented
- Please we need enhancement request to have setproberanges() API to have append functionality.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.