UD licensing documantation is not concrete concerning the custom discoveries

UD licensing documantation is not concrete concerning the custom discoveries

The documentation about the license usage for custom UD adapters is not concrete. For example in this 11+ guide (https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/11.0/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/dfm/disc_c_licensing_ovw.htm) we see: "Workstations will never consume an Advanced license” BUT in the table we see that only Advanced discovery includes 'Customized discovery' AND it’s not clear what will happen with the generic ‘Node’ with no enough attributes to determine if it’s a server or workstation. It makes it difficult to predict the license usage before releasing the adapter. This part should be more concrete, if there's always 1 unit per node or there are options - this should be clearly stated here. In general the guide should be more concrete.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Great news, this idea has been accepted on our product roadmap. Subscribe to receive updates. (This is not a formal commitment, and subject to change)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Send me a private note (bill.dyck@microfocus.com) and I'll send you a draft of the updates to our documentation for this request.  I'd like your input if the changes I made meet your needs.  Once we are agreed, I'll request the documentation updates online to be made as well.

About the Author
Bill has over 26 years of experience in the IT industry focusing on providing business solutions utilizing HPE Software’s tools at enterprise scale. He comes from the HPE-IT organization where he managed the first deployment of HPSC (now HPSM) and then later UCMDB with its discovery partner UD. Bill also managed a team of IT Developers, who created customized configuration management solutions for HPE-IT and HPE’s ES clients.
Most "Liked" Contributors
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.