Unable to get hyperthreading details

Unable to get hyperthreading details

HI

CPU has a property named "HyperThreading"

<Attribute is-factory="true" origin="content" version="21" description="TRUE, when the hyperthreading is Active on CPU, or FALSE otherwise" display-name="HyperThreading" type="boolean" name="hyper_thread">
<Attribute-Qualifiers/>
<Empty-Default-Value/>
</Attribute>

Customer expect when we do the inventory discover, the UD can set this property correctly.

At this moment, customer confirm even they enabled the HyperThreading, but this CPU property will not be set correctly.

Please help to confirm this can be an ER or not.

BR

dong-xu

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This looks to me like a defect and not an ER.  Have you submitted a ticket for this issue?  If so, please send me the ticket number so I can research it to see if I can help get it fixed.

July 18, 2019 - Thanks for following through and working with support.  I understand they have confirmed this is an ER.  This idea should now be voted upon by the community

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Bill

Thank you for your reply. No, I have not open a CPE ticket. If you think it looks like a defect.

I will open one for investigation, and let you know the No, later, thx.

BR

dong-xu

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Bill

After further investigation it was found that it is indeed ER and not an defect.

Hope we will open this for voting

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.