Virtualbox extension pack Recognition issue

Virtualbox extension pack Recognition issue

0 Votes

The software "Virtualbox extension pack"(a plguin of Virtualbox) install on windows, but it was not discovered by uCMDB 10.33  at the beginning , after report this issue to R&D we got a hotfix which recognize "Virtualbox extension pack" base on some special files,for example:VBox*.dll (the hotfix was already include in the latest DK package). But when the "Virtualbox" software uninstalled from the device, the "Virtualbox extension pack" installedSoftware CI remain in uCMDB and sacn file,the root cause is that the VBox*.dll files are not deleted during the uninstallation,which means the recognition base on file is not a good solution for "Virtualbox extension pack"

From customer's perspective , when the software uninstalled from device ,there should no "Virtualbox extension pack " and "Virtualbox" in uCMDB and scan file any more.

We found some entry of "Virtualbox extension pack " in the registry ,but the entry not in the below location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

any suggestions are highly appreciate.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Would you reach out to me directly please - this is a defect and not an ER - perhaps I can help get this fixed.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

It appears this is a defect and not an enhancement.  I've sent an email to you to ask for the ticket number and perhaps we can resolve this via support rather than by an ER

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Bill

thanks for your reply ,but I did not got your email(btao@microfocus.com) ,the support case id is:SD02522883

About the Author
Bill has over 26 years of experience in the IT industry focusing on providing business solutions utilizing HPE Software’s tools at enterprise scale. He comes from the HPE-IT organization where he managed the first deployment of HPSC (now HPSM) and then later UCMDB with its discovery partner UD. Bill also managed a team of IT Developers, who created customized configuration management solutions for HPE-IT and HPE’s ES clients.
Most "Liked" Contributors
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.