align release schedules

Idea ID 1680957

align release schedules

0 Votes

uCMDB requires heavy integration with other products to get data into the CMS.

Connect IT plays a big part in getting that data into uCMDB, When uCMDB is upgraded, why do you not release an update to ConnectIT AT THE SAME TIME so that the products can continue to work with each other?

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

This is good feedback and I am reaching out to the Connect-IT PM to begin these discussions.  However, this is not an enhancement in the manner that is managed by this site, hence the reason I "delcined" this submission.

Don't take this status to mean I am ignoring your request.  I have alrady talked with the Connect-IT PM to understand what their process is, and how we can coordinate.  The status just clears up this idea request so it's not misleading others into thinking there will be a feature change in a future product related to this product.

Finally, to be clear, there is no "formal" support from "UCMDB-initiated" integrations with Connect-IT.   Support for Connect-It scenarios that push data into UCMDB are managed by the Connect-IT team itself.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.