calculate / enrich IPs according to a subnet

Idea ID 1647541

calculate / enrich IPs according to a subnet

We have Nodes with IP address CIs in UCMDB from Integrations or manually entered. We do not have any subnet CIs.

We want to query / enrich all Nodes with IPs that belong to specific subnet range.

Example: Subnet 10.140.160.128/25 has a range from 10.140.160.129 to 10.140.160.254

We use RTSM/UCMDB 10.33

5 Comments
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Status changed to: New Idea

Thanks for sharing this idea. Can you please add more details? WHere do you import those ips, why do you need to have the subnets? what would be the business value of this?

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I think right way to reach your goal is to create subnets and relations like this in UCMDB

subnet --membership--> ipAddress

But UCMDB doesn't have OTB enrichment to create IpSubnet for IP and you are not able to create such enrichment yourself because enrichment manager has very limited functionality.

I have solved exactly the same problem in my company, I have to create external enrichment (java program to query and update data by UCMDB APi).

I can send you the program source code, just send me your email in private message.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Our IP adresses will be imported from our OpsBridge/OMi Instances. OMi is connected to vROPs and via vROPs Connector we get the topology of the VMware and VDI infrastructure. In the case of VDI we get virtual Desktop CIs, which we are not interessted in. So we try to ignore the subnet range of this irrelvant CIs respectively, we try to delete these CIs in a later step.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Archived

This idea is being archived due to inactivity. Archived ideas may be commented upon but may not receive kudos. Archived ideas may be re-opened based on community input.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.