Super Contributor.. chuchi Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Delete relationship if DisplayMonitor is not found

Jump to solution

Hello:

We have change the reconciliation rule for CIT DisplayMonitors in our UCMDB to match for SerialNumber.

Now, if a monitor is discovered in a new node, the UCMDB doesn´t create a new CI, simply changes the property container to specify the id of the node which is connected. But the monitor still has a relationship to the old node.

How can i make the relationships between the monitors and nodes unique?

So if an already monitor in the UCMDB changes node, the old relationships with the old node deletes itself and only contents the relationship to the new node

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Delete relationship if DisplayMonitor is not found

Jump to solution

I hate to be the one to say it, but you are out of support, mate 🙂 If you upgrade to latest, you will probably resolve a lot of outstanding issues. 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
11 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chuchi,

this can be done with enrichment, specifying on one side new relationships (CreateTime Changed in last 24 hours) and on the other side the relationship with older node (CreateTime Unchanged in the last 24 hours). Then you can schedule the enrichment to run once a day after the AM synchronization.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello popadiyski

The composition relationship has no "Create Time" filled. It has only the following properties filled:

Actual Deleteion Period
Allow CI Update
Deletion Candidate Period
Display Label
Enable Aging
Is Candidate for Deleteion

So, we can´t do an enrichment rule based on these properties.

We've try to autodelete the Composition adding it to the Automatic Deletion of the CI Types of the InventoryDiscoveryByScanner but has no effect. When a node without a monitor scan it, the relationship doesn't delete as we expected.
Same result if we set the relationship to "Candidate for Deletion", the relationship doesn't change the properties (always on False)

This has no occurs for the Containment relationship, for example with the ipaddress. When a node with other ip scan it, the relationship between node->old ip deletes sucessfuly

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Strange, maybe you are not looking at the right place. For me on the filtering conditions the Create Time appears for all relationships:

createtime.PNG

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello popadiyski

That is not my problem...

Here, is a view of my problem. the monitor HP L1706 is really connected to the computer I103895, but previously was connected to the computer i98822. In UCMDB it represents as the image below:

Captura.JPG

There are 2 relations from this monitor. I would like to autodelete the relationships that do not exist.

The properties of the relationship between the monitor and the I103895 are: (remember, the monitor is physically connected the this computer)

Captura1.JPG

The properties of the relationship between the monitor and the I98822 are: (remember, the monitor is not physically connected to this computer)

Captura2.JPG

In the adapter's configuration (InventoryDiscoveryByScanner), i tried to configure the Autodelete option in the Composition relationship without no lucky.

When i launch a InventoryDiscoveryByScanner against the two computers the composition relationship doesn´t autodelete

Captura3.JPG

Any idea to do the monitos relationships to only one computer?

thanks.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I understand fully your problem. Let me explain my idea. You have "node 1" ->  "monitor 1" <- "node 2". You make a query, which will detect which relationship is older. And through the enrichment ability to delete the relationship, you will execute it. This way you will end up only with one node to the "monitor 1"

Regards,

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply popadiyski

Your solution could be worth to me if i could find some attribute in the relationship that would specify "Last Acces Time" or "LastModifiedTime" or anything related to time.
But in my relationship i can not find any attribute that could help me to make an enrichment rule.

This is an image of the all attributes of the relationship between node1 -> monitor1

Captura.JPG

All relationships have the same attributes, i can not distinguish on from the other

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hmm that is very strange 🙂 Which version are you using?

I have 2018.x and I have the data:

rels.PNG

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

10.31.107 with CP 25

Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I hate to be the one to say it, but you are out of support, mate 🙂 If you upgrade to latest, you will probably resolve a lot of outstanding issues. 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
mike_toronto2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

We are encountering this same issue at CMDB 10.33 CP26.  The suggested solution to make a query which will detect which relationship is older and through an enrichment, delete the older relationship, is the way the product should work OOTB no? Can anyone advise if this is how the latest version of uCMDB works? If not I'll gladly open a Enhancement Request.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hello Mike,

if you have the CommLogs with results from both attempts or hosts where the monitor was attached then I can use those result vectors to import them via the probe in order to simulate your discovery flow.

We recently released the new job to delete the old ExecutionEnvironment links (in the tools section from the UD panel) and I'm thinking that maybe we can duplicate that cleaning discovery job.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.