Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
SKAZAL_ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Discovery of BIOS Version

Jump to solution

Are there any out of the box discovery jobs that populate the BIOS Version attribute of a node via Agentless discovery?

UCMDB 10.33 CUP 25 

Regards,
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Discovery of BIOS Version

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Do you have another concern about the Discovery Bios version ?

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
4 Replies
dong-xu1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI

If you only care about "Bios version" You can take a look at these scripts.
storage_topology.py
npar_by_shell.py

They also can discover "Bios version" for corresponding CIT. But for Node, I have not seen any agentless jobs can retrive it for Node CIT.

Hope this helps

dong-xu
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

0 Likes
SKAZAL_ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

As a note of clarification, by 'Node' I was refering to the CI Type and subtypes; more speciically, the Subtypes "Computer" (e.g., Windows & Unix platforms) and "Net Device". 

Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
dong-xu1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI

I searched the discovery script, and only see

1. storage_topology.py
  2. npar_by_shell.py
  3. ParseEnrichedScanFile.py

update the "Bios version". In these scripts, I think only the last one update the "Node", but it is for agentbase job,I think.

dong-xu

Micro Focus Support If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Do you have another concern about the Discovery Bios version ?

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.