Highlighted
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Excluded the ip from the protocol.

HI All,

I have a question in which i want to exclude some ip from the protocol in which we select the scope as ALL. 

I have few ips which are i need to only use the SNMP IP not the ssh as we have give the SNMP permission only not ssh. So every time it is running it is flooding the logs also which team doesn't want. Can we do this any how.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Joshua_A_UCMDB Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Excluded the ip from the protocol.

Hello All, 

Hope you are doing well!

Yes, other way and a better is to go into the Data Flow Probe Set up > Data Flow Management > select the Range. 

There you will able to edit the Ranges manually (exclute ranges), you could do it one by one  or well if know the range add it complete.

Check the imagen attached. 

Best regards, 

Joshua Alpizar 

UCMDB

MicroFocus.

Please do not forget to confirm the anwer. 

0 Likes
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Joshua,

What you are telling me is exclude the ip from the range which stops the discovery from any job. 

What i want is if we defined the protocol let's suppose ssh protocol in that we can decide the ip ranges too but if we select all then we can't exclude the ip from that if we are not deciding the range.

One solution i figure out is to make the condition in properties of the job but in that too i can use condition like display label not equal then the ip address & for this i need to create lot few conditions like this. in that too we can't give any condition for individual ip which contain all the ip in a single row.

Do you know how i can accomplish this.

0 Likes
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Aayush,

have you noticed the scope section on each protocol inside the credentials manager? You can define which credentials to be used.  And if you want to exclude the range, you will just have to create a CSV import of all the ranges without the excluded ones. Or the other way around would be to define different probes for the excluded ranges only and exclude the credentials to be used in this probe. And I know you have to do it on many SSH credentials, but there is no other way around.

netscope.PNG

netscope2.PNG

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.