Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

HP AM to HP UD Integration Step Clarification

Experts,

While doing the integration between HP AM and HP UD, I found one of the below step mentioned. Need some clarity on performing this step.

In the discovery and integration content guide,  in Page 98, under Set up uCMDB, it is mentioned as

1) Create  a package called AMPushadapterAPI_Versionum.zip .  // How and where do I create this package ?

2) Third step says,  Paste the copied files to

<AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version

Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version

Number>

Is the above step , asking me to paste the copied *.dll and *.jar files  ??

3) How do I deploy the package created ?

Or is there any other steps whcih I need to follow to integrate UD to talk to 1 HP AM version.

Thank you

dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.. PuneetS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP AM to HP UD Integration Step Clarification

I think you have to follow the steps mentioned in "Integrating to a Single Version of Asset Manager"

1. Copy these files

<Asset Manager Installation folder>\x64\*.dll

<Asset Manager Installation folder>\websvc\lib\*.jar

2. Paste the copied files to the Data Flow Probe\Integration service\lib directory.

3. Restart the probe.

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Acclaimed Contributor..

thank you  very much for the reply Puneet.

Yes, I had read that yesterday and even planning to do that today. Thank you for pointing that.

But could you please clarify on these steps once. How to create the package with the dll and jar files ?.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Absent Member..

If you are trying to Integrated UD with 1 AM you don't have to create any package. Simply copy the .jar and .dll files in the above folder on Probe server.

By package means you manually have to create a zip file with multiple level of folders and deploy it in UCMDB using Package Manager. 

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Puneet,

In my DFP , i am not finding the integration service folder. Though I having the integrations folder in the uCMDB server folder.

I am haivng both uCMDB mgmt and DFP set up in the same box.

Please guide.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I do not have access to UD at the moment but I believe it Should be DFP/lib or Integration Service/lib.

Do you have any lib folder in your DFP folder? If yes copy the files there and please don't forget to stop the Integration Service.

Regards
Puneet

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Puneet,

I tried copying the dll and jar files into the lib folder of the data flow probe. Restarted the probe services ( integration service is not running )

After completing the steps, i recreated the integration point. Before I validated the ODBC connectivity is happening to teh Asset Manager database from HP UD server. All is successful , but i am still getting the same error. Any help is appreciated.

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error{HP UD - HP AM Push}] Asset Manager DLLs and/or Jars are missing.

Verify that the package <AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version Value> contains needed DLLs and Jars.

In case they are missing You should do the following steps :  1. Create a package named AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip.  2. Copy files both from :   <Asset Manager Installation folder>\x64\*.dll and <Asset Manager Installation folder>\websvc\lib\*.jar into the created zip under the following path <AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version Value - Example : 9.3>.  3. Deploy AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip

--- Start of probe-side exception --- com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.fcmdb.dataAccess.exception.AdapterAccessGeneralException: [ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error{HP UD - HP AM Push}] Asset Manager DLLs and/or Jars are missing.

Verify that the package <AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version Value> contains needed DLLs and Jars.

In case they are missing You should do the following steps :  1. Create a package named AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip.  2. Copy files both from :   <Asset Manager Installation folder>\x64\*.dll and <Asset Manager Installation folder>\websvc\lib\*.jar into the created zip under the following path <AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version Value - Example : 9.3>.  3. Deploy AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessGeneralException(ExceptionConverter.java:331)  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:150)  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:65)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:74)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:27)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:59)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)  at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)  at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:792)  at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:305)  at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)  at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)  at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)  at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy60.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) Caused by: com.hp.ucmdb.federationspi.exception.DataAccessGeneralException: Asset Manager DLLs and/or Jars are missing.

In case they are missing You should do the following steps :  1. Create a package named AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip.  2. Copy files both from :   <Asset Manager Installation folder>\x64\*.dll and <Asset Manager Installation folder>\websvc\lib\*.jar into the created zip under the following path <AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip>\discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<AM Version Value - Example : 9.3>.  3. Deploy AMPushAdapterAPI_{AM Version Number}.zip  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMApiUtil.loadDLLs(AMApiUtil.java:310)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMApiUtil.createApiWrapper(AMApiUtil.java:295)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMPushAdapter.createApiWrapper(AMPushAdapter.java:240)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMPushAdapter.testConnection(AMPushAdapter.java:48)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.AbstractPushAdapter.testConnection(AbstractPushAdapter.java:46)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.PushAdapter.testConnection(PushAdapter.java:549)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.processFederationNoneLifeCycle(TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.java:18)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.processFederationNoneLifeCycle(TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.java:12)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:63)  ... 25 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMApiUtil.loadDLLs(AMApiUtil.java:308)  ... 33 more Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\lib\amjni94.dll already loaded in another classloader  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1905)  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1864)  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1825)  at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:792)  ... 38 more

--- End of probe-side exception ---

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I am afraid you have to perform the steps given in error message as it doesn't seem to detect the .jar/.dll files.

1. Create below folder hierarchy:

discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\<your asset manager version>

e.g.

discoveryResources\AMPushAdapter\amVersion\9.3

2. Copy all jar and dll files to folder 9.3 (or your asset manager version)

3. Zip it and rename it to AMPushAdapterAPI_<AM Version Number>.zip

e.g.

AMPushAdapterAPI_9.3.zip

4. Add the subfolder

AMPushAdapter/amVersion/<AM Version Number>/*.* to the

additionalClasspath property in the globalSettings.xml file.

5. Login to UCMDB and deploy this package using package manager.

Regards
Puneet

Acclaimed Contributor..

Puneet,

I could see multiple globalSettings.xml file,  each under Probe Manager and Probe Gateway.

Also under the uCMDB server \Integrations\..\Probe Manager and \ProbeGateway .

Please let me know which GlobalSettings.xml file needs to be edited.

Thank you

Dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Change globalSettings.xml for both Probe Manager and Gateway.

Regards
Puneet

0 Likes
Absent Member.. MahmoudSami Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I deployed the package and created new integration point and connection is tested successfully, but when I am excuting AM Push job it gives me failur and errors like this:

Error (12,001):

at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi95JNI.AmReleaseConnection(Native Method)
 at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi95.AmReleaseConnection(AmApi95.java:540)
 at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi.releaseConnection(AmApi.java:112)
 at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi.selectAQL(AmApi.java:410)
 ... 47 more

at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.manager.AbstractDataAccessContainerManagerImpl.startAdapter(AbstractDataAccessContainerManagerImpl.java:229)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.manager.AbstractDataAccessContainerManagerImpl.addStartAndReturnBasicDataAdapterWrapper(AbstractDataAccessContainerManagerImpl.java:115)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.manager.DataAccessContainerManagerProbeImpl.getStartedBasicDataAdapterWrapper(DataAccessContainerManagerProbeImpl.java:87)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adapters.DataAccessAdaptersFacade.getStartedBasicDataAdapterWrapper(DataAccessAdaptersFacade.java:184)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.AbstractProbeProcessor.process(AbstractProbeProcessor.java:38)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.AbstractProbeProcessor.process(AbstractProbeProcessor.java:19)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:64)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor80.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
 at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
 at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:112)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:46)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:237)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)
 at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)
 at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
 at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801)
 at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:292)
 at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)
 at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)
 at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
 at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
 at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy52.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
--- End of probe-side exception ---

at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.convertThrowableToStringSafeException(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:89)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:78)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccesso

Mahmoud Nour El-Dien
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.