Praveen_Shan
New Member.

HP UCMDB 10.21 : Is Java required on the Application server ?

Hi,

We have installed UCMDB 10.20 CUP1 on a Linux box that runs Red Hat 6.6. 

Is it mandatory to install Java on the Linux server separately ? I was trying to get this information from the support matrix doc but I couldn't find much. The document only speaks about the Java Runtime Environment (for applet viewing). The below is what I read..

Note: The recommended JRE version is 1.7u65, which is also included on the UCMDB Server itself for local network download.

So, my question is, do we need to install Java as a separate package on the app server or whatever comes with the App binaries is good enough ?

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB 10.21 : Is Java required on the Application server ?

Hello Praveen ,

I hope you are doing well  .

I review in the Deployment guide this information about the Java :  "If the correct Java version is not installed on your machine, you can choose to download the version from sun.com or from the UCMDB server. (If you log in without installing Java, you will not be able to view pages that need a Java applet to display correctly.) "

Please inform me if you have more questions related to the java components .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Melissa,

What you found is java on the client computer/laptop.

But, I was referring to java on the application server (Linux server running RHEL 6.6)

Praveen

0 Likes

Hello Praveen ,

UCMDB has a java included and when you install the application you have that .

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Thanks Melissa.

Here is the reason I posted this question; The unix admin installed the latest version of Java on our application server and that messed up the upgrade process from 10.20 CUP1 to 10.21. The jetty server didn't start and was complaining of unsupported major minor classes. We are still having issues with the upgrade process and hence would like to recommened not to upgrade the Java version manually and let the version that comes with UCMDB run as is.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes

Hello Praveen ,

Thanks for the explanation . At the moment of the upgrade we need to install the java version .

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.