Praveen_Shan
New Member.

HP Universal Discovery - Inventory Discovery Activity in a Management Zone

HP UD 10.20.CUP1.545

UD CP 15.02.169

Hello all,

When you create a new Inventory discovery activity under a management zone, it runs several jobs ranging from Host Resources and Applications to VMware VirtualCenter Topology by VIM. 

My intention is to run Inventory discovery only on Unix servers and hence, need to restrict certain jobs that comes with this OOTB activity.

The jobs I don't want are:

Host Resources and Applicaitons by PowerShell

Host Resources and Applicaitons by Power SNMP

Host Resources and Applicaitons by WMI

How do we control this ?

In case of Infrastructure discovery activity, we get to pick a protocol which acts like a boundary but not in Inventory discovery activity.

This can be done using Templates, but would like to know from experts if there are other options that I am unaware of.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. brandon7 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP Universal Discovery - Inventory Discovery Activity in a Management Zone

Hello,

Hope you are fine,

Can you please try to create a new zone? In this way, you can manually go and select the jobs you want to run.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Re: HP Universal Discovery - Inventory Discovery Activity in a Management Zone

Hi there Brandon,

Appreciate your reply.

Well, it will definitely work if I created a new management zone and added the desired jobs to it but, I can't use the OOTB activities which are readily available.

It's like you have what you want but too much of it.

May be creating a template is my best bet because of its re-usability.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.