Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

IBM Virtualization by Shell

Hi ,

UD 10.32 

CP 25

I am running the IBM Virtualization by Shell to discover the topology with the HMC device. earlier i was getting an with the fuse for which the default value was set to 3000 that i changed to 6500. Now after changing the value i am getting an error as :

2018-08-23 15:56:15,415 ERROR [Process Results Thread-IBM HMC by SHELL] - !!!FAILED!!![Operation #1612880284 Name=DataInAddOrUpdateData] interrupted due to timeout of 1320 sec.
The timeout is calculated according to the minimal data-in rate of 1500 CIs/minute.
In order to increase the minimal data-in rate please change the value of "reconciliation.min.ci.rate" in UCMDB settings.
com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.DataInOperationException: [ErrorCode [700000] Action was cancelled.]

Is it a good idea to change the value of reconciliation.min.ci.rate. Please let me know. Can i do that will it impact the performance.

Regards

Ayush 

0 Likes
3 Replies
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: IBM Virtualization by Shell

Hi Aayush,

with every installation of UCMDB sooner or later you reach some rate limitation. Of course if it is preventing your successful discovery, you should increase the rate. And of course it may lead to more memory requirements, heap size errors, etc. But this is part of the game. 

Increase the limit, monitor the java heap usage during discovery and if everything works fine, you are good to go.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Petko,

Thanks for the advice i did make the changes.

I did as step by step increasing them now the limit is 5000 but still i am getting the same error :

2018-08-24 10:42:25,477 ERROR [Process Results Thread-IBM HMC by SHELL] (AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.java:284) - !!!FAILED!!![Operation #2014016274 Name=DataInAddOrUpdateData] interrupted due to timeout of 480 sec.
The timeout is calculated according to the minimal data-in rate of 5000 CIs/minute.

Also as i was expecting the job is taking too much time to complete & only for the one CI. Is there standard value which i can use for this or is there any any other way to resolve this.

0 Likes
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Aayush,

if it still continues to fail, you should be checking what the job is doing. Why does it take so long time to complete? Did the job send the CIs to UCMDB ot fails executing the commands? All these questions can be answered if you enable communication + results log

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.