Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

LDOM Virtualization Topology

UCMDB 10.32 

CP 25

Hi,

I am discovering the LDOM server with their topology in my environment. For this i had seen i need to follow the steps like:

Host connection by Shell.

Host application by shell.

Oracle VM server for Sparc Technology.

In the last job i am able to get the topolgy for most of the LDOMs server but for few i am not getting the topology and it is providing me an error as 

Failed to execute 'ldm list-bindings -p' command due to insufficient permissions, verify sudo/credentials configuration.

I have checked with my unix team and they said that you have all the permission to execute the command. They checked and they are able to run form their end. Also for most the ldom server it is working fine but why i am getting this for few. DO any one have idea what went wrong.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LDOM Virtualization Topology

Most probably you need sudo permissions for ldm list-bindings -p

You provided the text output from the ending part of the Communication log, try to search the same string in the entire Communication log, you will see where it's used and how. Most probably without sudo or without sudo permissions configured.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

HI Bogdan,

I checked for the LDOM server through putty and i am not able to run the command from there also.

Meanwhile i checked for one of the LDOM server also in that i am getting error as :

</EXEC>
<log start="22:17:00" severity="warn">Error while reading domain '********' configuration, domain is skipped</log>
<log start="22:17:00" severity="debug">flags attribute is empty</log>
<log start="22:17:00" severity="warn">Error while reading domain '******' configuration, domain is skipped</log>
<log start="22:17:00" severity="debug">flags attribute is empty</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="warn">Error while reading domain '********' configuration, domain is skipped</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="debug">value is not defined in enumeration: EnumValue(u'delayed(modify)')</log>
<DISCONNECT start="22:17:01" duration="0" CMD="client_disconnect" RESULT="" IS_NULL="Y" type="ssh" credentialsId="31_1_CMS" />
<log start="22:17:01" severity="debug">
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ldom_by_shell", line 48, in DiscoveryMain
File "ldom_discover", line 1063, in discoverLdomTopology
ValueError: Control domain not found
</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="debug">SSH: Internal error. Details: Control domain not found</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="debug">Reporting error code 103 to framework.</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="debug">Error message is: SSH: Internal error. Details: Control domain not found</log>
<log start="22:17:01" severity="info">Execution current time:2018/03/08 22:17:01</log>
</execution>

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's a permission issue if you can't execute the command over the terminal. That's a good starting point.

The error from the CommLog is regarding the failure to update/retrieve an attribute value of type enumeration with the delayed value. This is not defined.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi

As i know that for include the enum in the default system attribute we need to include this one in the attribute list. 

But for this i didn't find any attribute_state list where i include this one. Do you know where i need to include this one.

Regards

Ayush 

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

The error is thrown from ldom.py script

def validateEnumValue(self, value):
   validateEnumValue(value)
   if not self.hasEnum(value): raise ValueError("value is not defined in enumeration: %s" % value)

I exported the ClassModel of a CP26 UCMDB, no relevant mentions of delayed or something similar.

This looks like a proper Support case.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

HI Experts ,

We are facing a problem where the execution link between the Hypervisor and the host is not getting created . We tried to find the error in teh debug mode. BY that we found the below

Datas From Cmdb:
{unix@49e354db5cddccc991e66eba4facdcad}@[(string-bios_serial_number:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-snmp_sys_name:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-bios_asset_tag:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-os_family:unix), (string-primary_dns_name:ABC), (string-ud_unique_id:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-global_id:49e354db5cddccc991e66eba4facdcad), (string-serial_number:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-net_bios_name:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-cloud_instance_id:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-host_nnm_uid:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-name:afektglobal), (string-bios_uuid:[Empty CMDB property value])] with grade : 600

{unix@c527e9303516900591e4e28932c6e50a}@[(string-bios_serial_number:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-snmp_sys_name:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-bios_asset_tag:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-os_family:unix), (string-primary_dns_name:XYZ), (string-ud_unique_id:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-global_id:c527e9303516900591e4e28932c6e50a), (string-serial_number:2230886709), (string-net_bios_name:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-cloud_instance_id:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-host_nnm_uid:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-name:afekt), (string-bios_uuid:F9687C99-9941-4628-DA0F-D321878437F3)] with grade : 1000

Reason: Contradiction encountered when trying to merge CIs

DId anyone know why they are having the contradiction error. We saw in this that the serial number as UUID are having different value but how we can resolve this.

Regrads

Ayush

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.