Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Super Contributor.. RRose Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

No Master Key found in file!

Ok, I am building a new UCMDB application server and connecting to an existing database and keep getting the following error.

2018-10-22 12:41:53,945  INFO   [AWT-EventQueue-0] - No master key was found in file!
2018-10-22 12:41:54,742  INFO   [AWT-EventQueue-0] - No master key was found in file!
2018-10-22 12:47:52,235  INFO   [main] - No master key was found in file!
2018-10-22 12:49:51,628  INFO   [main] - No master key was found in file!
2018-10-22 12:50:32,129  INFO   [AWT-EventQueue-0] - No master key was found in file!

The UCMDB server services will not start.  I'm trying to replicate the configuration from another server and copied the contents of the \CONF folder over to the new server but still no luck.  I must be missing a step somewhere; anybody have any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: No Master Key found in file!

Hello there,

you will see in a working UCMDB env that in confâcmdb.conf you have a line with MasterKey and the encrypted password. Most likely in your new env you don't have that line and you do have a masterKey in your DB so there's the misalignment.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello there,

I have the same issue but I can not find the file you refer to: "confâcmdb.conf". I verified all the .conf files but there is nowhere a reference to a Master Key and the encrypted password.

Have you solved the problem?

Tahnk you for reply.

Best regards

0 Likes
popadiyski Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

run the configuration wizard again. It should be able to fix this.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.