Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Tape Library discovery

UCMDB 10.32 

CP 25

Hi 

there is one requiremnet in my environment where i have to discover the tape library & tape drives of the backup servers (Symantec & Netbackup). I saw there is one CIT with the name tape library in CIT but not able to find the correct jobs for discovering that. ANyone knows how to discover this in ucmdb.

Regrads

Ayush 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Tape Library discovery

Hello,

there's only one Jython script that models TapeLibrary CIs --> SE_discovery.py which is used in the StorageEssentials integration.

Can you provide details about your model/brand of device that holds tapes?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Type Quantam iscalar 6000

0 Likes
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Based on the User Guide http://qsupport.quantum.com/kb/flare/content/Scalar_i6000/downloads/UG/6-66879-10_RevA_i6k_Users_Guide_i11.2.3.pdf it Supports SSH and SNMP

iscalar-proto.PNG

The User guide also provides detailed steps on how to configure SNMP, this would be the preferred protocol to do the discovery.

Can you configure SNMP access on it and run the normal SNMP discovery flow? (ICMP, HC by shell, HC resoruces by shell)? Based on the results I think RnD can be engaged.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.