Praveen_Shan
New Member.

UCMDB Browser: Session Timeout setting

Hi,

Version:

HP UCMDB version: 10.20.CUP1.545

CP 15.02.169

Browser version: 4.03

I am looking for a setting to specify a timeout value for the UCMDB Browser session.

There is one called Enable session timeout under Infrastructure settings --> UCMDB Browser settings.

We can only set True or False on that setting but not a value like 30 min.

So, two questions;

1: What is the default time at which a browser session times out if left untouched.

2: Is there a way we coould control this ? Our securty team is concerned.

Kindly oblige,

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UCMDB Browser: Session Timeout setting

Hello Praveen,

I hope you are doing well .

We recommend  to create an ER if you need to set that value in your environment .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Thanks Melissa, I will probably create one.

I still need to know the answer to my first question. When we set the Enable Session timeout to True, how long will the session stay active ? There should be a default value, right ?

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Praveen ,

The default wait period for the timeout is 30 minutes. This value can be changed in the Java
web.xml file, located at:
%WEB_SERVER_HOME%\webapps\ucmdb-browser\WEB-INF\web.xml

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.