Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UI is not opening after login on local machine

HI Experts,

UCMDB 10.32 CP 26

I am facing a problem where some of the users are not able to login properly. When they provide credentails after that they are not getting UI it just that they login in the ucmdb after that nothing is coming over there.

I checked on the local machine java applets are not downloading.

So i checked the value for the java applet.jsp file in the ucmdb. D:\HP\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-ui\applet and the parameter in that is this. Also checked the java version on the local machine it is 1.8.0_144.

<!-- only for deployJava.isPlugin2() -->
<param name="java_arguments" value="-Xmx1280m -Xms256m">
<param name="separate_jvm" value="true">
<param name="classloader_cache" value="false">

Does any one else encounter this issue in their environment.

Regards

Ayush

Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UI is not opening after login on local machine

You would be a good candidate for the upcoming UCMDB UI desktop app 🙂

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Ok That's nice but when it will come? 🙂 

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Let's just say that you will need to upgrade 🙂

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Bogdan,

I really appreciate your contribution & i will try to upgrade but right now i want to resolve the UI issue so that they start doing their work. DO you have any idea where i can look for this.

Regards

Ayush 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. vhovar Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Ayush,

Just a thought but I had an issue upgrading from 10.22 to 10.32 with getting into the UI. The system I’m using is a Windows 2008 system and I had Java 7 installed. I got the spinning loading and the UI would never load. I installed java 8 and am now able to connect.

It is interesting, however, that even though I installed the 64 bit version of Java 8 on my system, ucmdb didn’t like it and wanted to install its own version of java. I let it and found that it installed the x86 version(an older build). I then uninstalled java (both the x86_64 & x86 versions) and installed the latest Java 8 x86 version and ucmdb connected without any issues.

Might be worth a try,

Virgil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.

possible steps:

• review your Java local security policy, maybe something is blocked
  • check %temp% for versions of the applets, perform a GC on them
  • verify on the applet directory on the server if you have the same timestamp on all the jar files, maybe one failed during upgrade/update
  • enable Java console with debug on local client, this will bring additional data on what's failing
  • consider debugging over plain HTTP
  • align your self with the needed JRE, use JRE8 according to the Support Matrix
  • verify if you have Java_home configured as an environment variable
  • clean leftovers from previous Java installations on the client
  • cup of tea, you will need it
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

I followed the instruction which you mentioned and after that in the java logs i am getting the error as 

basic: load: class com/hp/ucmdb/ui/shared/applet/tools/UCMDBAppletLauncher.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hp.ucmdb.ui.shared.applet.tools.UCMDBAppletLauncher.class

COuld you please guide me how i can resolve this.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

This would requier a Support case in order to look at the data and try other options, a little bit more than we can do over a public forum.

Until then, you can use the Local UI client --> https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/The-new-UI-local-client-has-been-released/td-p/1647835

Do you use SSL certificates when connecting to the applet based UI?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Yes we are using our own SSL certificate .

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Most probably it's a problem with that SSL certificate. To test this, you can start the UI local client with debug options for SSL and capture the console output.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.