Trusted Contributor.. Abdullah Alshorman Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

workstation primary IP Address

I Experts,

uCMDB 2019.02, i discovered 4K workstation in our environment but all of the without primary IP address attribute.

how i cant get the primary IP Address?

The infrastructure discovery was by WMI and inventory i ran WMI connection and host resourses by WMI.

Thank you in Advance 

0 Likes
8 Replies
AnnindyaJB Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: workstation primary IP Address

Hi, You have to perform "Inventory Discovery By Scanner" Job to populate PrimaryIPAddress attributes.

Regards

Annindya

Trusted Contributor.. Abdullah Alshorman Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Annindya,

The required protocol for "Inventory Discovery By Scanner"  is: SSH Protocol, NTCMD Protocol, Universal Discovery Protocol and PowerCmd Protocol .

ay infrastructure discovery for the workstation i tried to use NTCMD, PowerCmd and WMI.

its succuss only with WMI, so i cant run "Inventory Discovery By Scanner" 

i have only WMI on workstation righ now.

BR

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

HI,

Can you post the error when you tried with NTCMD protocol. To perform discovery using NTCMD, you need configure probe service with local service account. 

past the error from host connection by shell jobs. else you have one option using agentbased discovery

regards

Annindya

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Hi Abdullah,

You can add WMI protocol under inventory discovery adapater to make this happen. Try once.

Regards

Annindya

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Inventory scanner won't work over WMI as the scanner binary needs to be executed on the host.

An interesting approach is SSH. Yes, SSH is supported for Windows discovery for some time but this feature went largely forgotten and unknown.

If you can procure the rights to deploy the SSH server on the remote Windows node then we have the documentation of how to achieve this in a supported manner.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. bolonia Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Annindya,

Has it worked for you successfully?

Thanks,

Bolonia.

Respected Contributor.. bolonia Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi John,

you know what is needed to be able to successfully discover windows servers with the ssh protocol,
it would be quite useful documentation how to achieve this compatibility, I have always had problems in the discovery of servers with Windows operating system nt / 2000 and it would be a good attempt.

thanks,

Bolonia.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This was discussed before at https://community.microfocus.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/For-discovering-Windows-servers-which-protocol-do-you-prefer/td-p/227280

You can deploy a SSH server on that Windows machine, change the connection order in globalSettings.xml (Adapter management) so the ssh protocol is first used and voila, Host Connection by shell will work.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.