Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
dineshtather Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ADODB connection error

Hi MF analyser team,
I am facing the below problem. This is the problem mentioned below, can you let me know how to resolve this.
"
Can not create new Workspace C:\Users\dxt117\workspace\analyser Unable to connect to CreateWorkspaceEx: create connection Open ADODB.Connection: The specified provider was not found, it may not be installed correctly.
in ADODB.ConnectionClass.OpenString ConnectionString, String UserID, String Password, Int32 Options) in MicroFocus.MW.API.Repository.rntConnection.Init (Object.xDB) ".
"

0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member.

RE: ADODB connection error

Hi MF team,

I have been reading the documentation that you have given and it seems i need a database for the storage of the repositories. If that is correct that i would need a sql server according to the documentation or is there a work around and it can directly store the files from and to windows. Thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The product will work with Microsoft SQL server Express or Microsoft SQL server. The installation has an option to install SQLserver Express.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Is there no other way around.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The product is architected to store objects referring to the code and the relationships between programs, such as called programs, copybooks, files, that are stored in a repository as tables in a relational database. So there is no option to store this information in flat files.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Do we need a database then ? I will have to talk to DBA then is it ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Can i have a local database?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Yes. you can use a local SQL Express database. The installation has an option to install SQL Express.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I will recommend that you contact support and open up an incident to enable an interactive conversation on this topic. you will need your serial number associate with the product to do so.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

for the ADODB connection error, you might try upgrading to 3.6.3 HF7 if you are using 3.6.3, or 4.0 HF3, if you are using version 4.0. If that does not resolve the issue, I recommend you open an incident with support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.