Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Valliammai Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Business rules extraction using COBOL Analyzer and Business Rule Manager (BRM)

Can somebody please help me to understand on how BRM works in COBOL Analyzer. When I tried to create rules, it is displaying error as create rule is not available in this context. So I want to know if we can automatically detect the business rules in the program?

Looking for some help. Thank you.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Business rules extraction using COBOL Analyzer and Business Rule Manager (BRM)

Hi,

Creating rules using BRM is only possible with the BRM license, COBOL Analyzer trial license doesn't include it.

You can contact your account manager to talk about BRM or send your contact details to me and I'll make sure we get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Guy

0 Likes
Valliammai Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Business rules extraction using COBOL Analyzer and Business Rule Manager (BRM)

Hi Guy, Thanks for the update.. Before buying the license, we just want to know on how it works? Can you please explain me with a sample program and how BRM extracts the business logic from it. That would help me. Thank you

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Valliammai,
Here are 2 videos that you can watch to better understand how BRM works:

They are a little outdated and presents Enterprise Analyzer with BRM which is a super set of COBOL Analyzer that includes support for Mainframe applications in addition to distributed COBOL, but you'll be able to understand the basics of BRM.

I suggest looking at these and contacting your account manager to arrange a specific discussion on how Micro Focus can help you with business rules extraction and any other challenge.

You may also raise an incident using our support site regarding the error message you reported.

Thanks,
Guy Sofer - Product Manager - COBOL Analyzer 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.