Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ashu2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unisys COBOL-85 analysis using Cobol Analyzer

Hi,

I am trying to verify a Unisys COBOL-85 code using COBOL Analyzer and trying to resolve all below errors. Kindly suggest.

> As tool displays only 3 dialect under "Cobol dialect" dropdown so how to select the dialect "Unisys MCP COBOL-74, Unisys MCP COBOL-85" for my code?

1. Choose Options > Workspace Options. The Workspace Options window opens. Click the Verification tab, then the Legacy Dialects tab.
  2. In the Source Type pane, select the source file type whose dialect you want to specify, then select the dialect in the dialect pane.
  3. Set verification options for the dialect. The table below shows the available options.

> Which compiler to use for "Unisys COBOL-85" code from Microfocus Compiler compatibility level? There are 11 to 17 levels so which one would best suit with "Unisys COBOL-85" code?

>Please suggest how to resolve below errors:

•   "Special Name clause error" 
  •   "$SET..." Not identified
  •   "Internal error cobol util.dll:Hypercode()  memory access..."
  • ... many more.....

Thanks,

Ashu

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Unisys COBOL-85 analysis using Cobol Analyzer

Hi Ashu,

Unisys COBOL is not supported by COBOL Analyzer. You can use Enterprise Analyzer which is our mainframe applications analysis tool to analyze your code.

The Enterprise Analyzer product page contains a "Request a trial" button or alternatively you may contact your Micro Focus account manager or myself to request one.

Thanks,

Guy Sofer - Product Manager - COBOL Analyzer

0 Likes
ashu2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for quick reply!!!

Request you to share a trail link of Enterprise analyzer tool.

Thanks,
Ashu
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Here you go: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enterprise-suite/enterprise-analyzer/request-trial/

If you're having any difficulties in getting a trial started, please contact me.

Thanks,
Guy Sofer - Product Manager - COBOL Analyzer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.