'Could not connect to Caliber Data Server' error after upgrade
After performing a Caliber server upgrade and attempting to log in to Caliber Author or Caliber Administrator, you may receive the error "Could not connect to Caliber Data Server".
This error can be caused by an transaction remaining active from the upgrade.
In order to resolve this, please follow the instructions below.
1. Open a command prompt while logged in as the Caliber database owner and run these commands:
stopdb -f SQMDB
This will kill all background processes and forcibly shut down the database.
2. Delete the 'osc-dbid' file from C:\Borland\CaliberRMServer\Versant\DB.
3. Then run this command:
dbinfo -m SQMDB
This will ensure the database is not running in read-only mode and will allow you to run the commands below.
4. Recreate the 'osc-dbid' file by running:
5. Recreate the database lock file by running:
dbinfo -c SQMDB
Recreating these two files will remove the active transaction from the database.
6. Then you can start the Caliber services:
7. The database will then have to be gracefully shut down:
At this point, you will see the message "Shutting down SQMDB" which is declaring the database has been shut down gracefully.
8. Following this, you can restart the Caliber services:
9. Login to Caliber Author.