Caliber 11.4 Visualize Enabling / Updating Visualize for all Projects
When a Caliber server is moved from one server to another or the Caliber Visualize server is moved the Visualize configuration for each project in Caliber requires to be updated due to the hostname or IP changes.
Visualize can be manually configured through the Administrator by updating the URL for each project
Typically for a customer database there could be hundreds of projects to update. The update can be achieved using a custom Java Caliber SDK application.
CONTACT SUPPORT FOR APPLICATION "RESET VIZ"
N.B. The application is supplied as is!
- The application requires JRE 1.8 or above
- The Caliber SDK installed
Unzip the zip file below to your computer and modify the batch file:
- Point to the installed Caliber SDK
e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\CaliberRM SDK 11.4\lib
- Point to the installed JRE
N.B. If the Caliber 11.4 64 bit SDK is installed then the JRE requires to be 64 bit and if the Caliber 11.4 32 bit SDK is installed then the JRE requires to be 32 bit
- Point to the directory the file has been unzipped to
<Caliber Server> <Username> <password> <Current Visualize URL> <Target Visualize URL> <Switch>
The application has a has 2 options
- Replace current Visualize URL with new Visualize URL
N.B. The Current Visualize URL requires to be in the DB
"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre7\\bin\\java.exe" -classpath "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Borland\\CaliberRM SDK 11.4\\lib\\CaliberRMSDK114.jar;.\classes;C:\ResetViz" ResetViz localhost admin admin "http://oldserver:11002/calibervisualize/" "http://newserver:11002/calibervisualize/" Replace
- Update the current configuration for all projects
N.B. This will use the Target Visualize URL parameter
"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre7\\bin\\java.exe" -classpath "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Borland\\CaliberRM SDK 11.4\\lib\\CaliberRMSDK114.jar;.\classes;C:\ResetViz" ResetViz localhost admin admin "http://oldserver:11002/calibervisualize/" "http://newserver:11002/calibervisualize/" OverWrite
In order for Visualize to function the following requirement types require to exist in Caliber
N.B. In Caliber Author however you will only see Simulations and Scenarios. From 11.4 this is as designed.
Checking If Requirement Types Exist
To check the requirement types for a project, right click on the project node and select "Set requirement Types"
The following dialogue will appear and the Scenarios and Simulations should be selectable.
If the Scenarios and Simulations do not exist you will need to import these types using RM Import
Importing Scenarios and Simulation Requirement Types
The file below can be used to create the required requirement types
CONTACT SUPPORT FOR VizReqTypes.zip FILE
Steps to Import Requirement Types
- Unzip the file above to your computer
- Launch RM Import
- Login, select the Advanced check box and navigate to the unzipped folder location e.g. C:\VizReqTypes
- Navigate and select the ReqTpe.txt file. This should automatically select the Requirement Type file type
- Click Next, Next and Click the Import button.
- Once complete all types will have a green tick