CaliberRM 2008 closes unexpectedly when opening the Requirement Grid
Why does CaliberRM 2008 close unexpectedly when opening the Requirement Grid?
If you receive this message “CaliberRM Win32 Client hasencountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for theinconvenience.” when opening the CaliberRM 2008 RequirementGrid, it is likely that you have an invalid value stored in one ofyour User Selection List - User Defined Attributes. This is aknown issue with CaliberRM 2008 World Wide Patch 1 andgreater. A Change Request has been filed and we are workingto resolve the problem as soon as possible.
In the short term, we do have a simple workaround that will resolvethis issue for you, very quickly.
- Log into CaliberRM as an administrator.
- Select File -> Admin -> User Defined Attributes
- On the User Defined Attributes window, click on the"Type" colum to sort the UDAs by type.
- Find the "Multiple selection user list" UDAs (Note: This issue only affects Multiple selection user lists. Other UDAs are not affected).
- Click on each "Multiple selection user list" UDA andclick on edit.
- Modify the description field by simply adding a single space tothe end of the description.
- After adding the space, click the OK button.
- After doing this for each of the "Multiple selection userlist" attributes, click "Close" on the User DefinedAttribute window.
- Open the Requirement Grid, the problem should beresolved.
If you require further information, please contact BorlandTechnical Support.