Error 'The certificate chain issued by an authority that is not trusted’ reported when using Document Factory
This issue is caused when Doc Factory 2 is attempted to run over a SSL connection. If you need to use SSL connection then please snure to follow these steps. To resolve this issue you must have Caliber patch 25 or above installed on your server and client components. The latest patches can be found here
As SSL is enabled a Caliber certificate must also be installed in your local browser so that it can authenticate during this connection.
Copy the Caliber SSL certificate from the following location onto the client machine. Note this certificate is only installed on the Caliber server machine by default.
On your local machine, in which the Caliber client is installed please perform the following:
- Open IE browser -> Tools -> Internet Options
- Select Content tab -> Certificates -> Import
- Select Next on wizard -> Browse to location where the certificate is saved
- Select All Files (*.*) option and you should be able to see file cert0
- Click on file and Open -> Next, select option to place all certificates in the following store: Trusted Root Certification Authorities
- Click Next and Finish.
Open CaliberRM client and attempt to run Doc Factory report, this should generate successfully.