Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Error near Line 1: Please fix the file and press the back button to reload the file".

Error near Line 1: Please fix the file and press the back button to reload the file".

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: 2005 SP2
  • Product Component: RM Export/Import
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Description:

Trying to import the following .txt files in the following order using RM Import and getting an error "Error near Line 1: Please fix the file and press the back button to reload the file".

1. Requirement Types
2. UDA
2. Requirement

Answer/Solution:

For RM Export, if the export option is "No, I will customize my export" is selected, then an error "Error near Line 1: Please fix the file and press the back button to relaod the file" occurs during RM Import.

Workaround:

Choose the other export option ,"Yes pre-format the export for a Caliber RM Import" during RM Export.

As noted in the CaliberRM User Guide manual "The option to customize the export is made available to advanced users who want to import requirement data into a different application."

Hence try the RM Export by selecting the appropriate "export option", and then try the RM Import again.

Note: Change Request # 15936 has been filed as defect for the error message that pops-up during RM Import if the export option is "No, I will customize my export" during RM Export.

Author: Rajini Billahalli

Old KB# 16009

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:28
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.