Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I correctly change my CaliberRM Server name?

Problem:

Resolution:

Solution: There are a couple of methods that could be used to plan for a name change of the CaliberRM Server...

Method 1: (Simplistic but possibly time consuming depending on internal process or DB size)
***Take a backup of the current database and ensure working by restoring to a secondary machine.
***Uninstall CaliberRM Client and Server and restart the machine
***Change the name of the Server and restart
***Reinstall CaliberRM and confirm working against Sample DB
***Restore backup of the current database.

Method 2: (Slightly more technical, but potentially a significant time saver for larger implementations)
- stop current database "dbmgr -stop", "stopdb SQMDB"
- stop service "SQM Database"
- update key for "server" at location below to reflect new server name
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\CaliberRM\\Server\Versant
- Update Environment Variable VERSANT_DBID_NODE to reflect new machine name
- Update Control Panel-->CaliberRM Server-->Database Server to reflect new machine name
- Change Server Name
- Restart machine which will then restart CaliberRM\Versant services to look at the variables changed
Old KB# 16357

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:32
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.