Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I optimize the performance of opening requirements with embedded images?

How can I optimize the performance of opening requirements with embedded images?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: CaliberRM 2005, 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Question:

When opening requirements with embedded images, it takes a long time for the requirement to be fully loaded.

How can I optimize the performance of my CaliberRM Server to improve this?

Answer:

The long waiting time could be due to the searching time needed to locate the embedded image. This can be improved by running the below command on the database.

dbtool -ich Image_p Image_p::id_number SQMDB

This command adds a hash index to image objects and allows CaliberRM Server to locate embedded images more efficiently, thus improving performance.

Please note that from CaliberRM 2006 onwards, this has been implemented by default. This command is only relevant for CaliberRM 2005 and 2005 R2.

Author: Dixon Chan

Old KB# 15773

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:25
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.