Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I make changes to a user"s account that will not result in an "minimum password" error notice?

How do I make changes to a user"s account that will not result in an "minimum password" error notice?

Problem:

Resolution:

Description:

When an admin makes a change to a user ID (such as update the phone number) in the Administrator, the following error message is given: "The password must be a minimum length of 8 characters". No changes were made to the password and it is at least 8 characters. Is there a way to keep the password the same and save the changes made to the user ID?

Solution:

In the CaliberRM 2006 Administrator, the user’s onscreen encrypted password defaults to five asterisks. Thus, even if the password meets the criteria set in the File\Admin\Account Restrictions menu the error is still given. The workaround is to make one of the below changes to the Account Restrictions menu:

Change the minimum password length to 5 characters

or

Permit a blank password

Once the change has been made the error message will no longer be generated.

Old KB# 16220

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:31
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.